Saturday, August 20, 2011

Anne Hathaway defends her performance in 'One Day'

Anne Hathaway defends her performance in 'One Day'

Anne Hathaway has defended her portrayal of Emma in the film adaptation of hit novelOne Day.

Fans of the novel were initially critical of Hathaway's casting as the female lead in the romantic drama, based on the novel by David Nicholls which captured the public's imagination. The character of Emma is from Yorkshire.

However, speaking to MTV News, the actress said that people have praised her performance seen the film. She said:
I've had people come up to me who have seen it actually and they say, 'I didn’t think you could pull if off'. And people feel inclined to tell me that they really have no faith in me whatsoever. So far, it's ended up with a 'but you surprised me and I really enjoyed your performance'. But I'm just waiting for that person to come up an say, 'well I knew you couldn’t do it'.

Hathaway also defended her accent in the film, saying it was "designed to change" since her character moves around a lot during the years that the story spans.

Hathaway's stock has risen further since it was announced that she would be playingCatwoman in the next year's The Dark Knight Rises. Her costume in Christopher Nolan's film was revealed earlier this month, causing controversy of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment